Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

First Post

Hello!  I've finally joined the blogging revolution and will be using this site to display my art and discuss events of interest.  So let's jump right into it!

I'm a painter with a preference for landscapes and figurative work done in a modern realist style.  Right now I'm working in a temporary studio to get a few large scale pieces done, including some seascapes and new figurative pieces.  Below is the first piece I've finished in that space, with the higher resolution shot available in the gallery.

"Gojika in Repose" Oil on Canvas 24"x36"

The scale of the canvas allowed me to capture her at just below life-size, aiming to create the feeling that she's laying just out of reach beneath the painting's surface.  The pose was truly organic, literally unstaged and free from instruction.  The model was resting and, as the angle implies, this piece was worked up from a photograph taken two years earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment